Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Ramble.

Saturday was Spencer's (that's what we've been calling him) baby shower. He got all kinds of great stuff. He did manage to get a pair of shoes, which an out of town friend sent with my mother in law. I guess she missed the memo. We laughed it off and I sent her a message later thanking her and then telling her about his feet. She took it very well.
A lot of people got bath stuff and onesies. Onesies are safe, which I told everyone. One person got a pack of gowns and another a combo gown/footless sleeper. He has enough lotion to last him until college, which I'm exchanging some of it tomorrow.
My in-laws came in for the shower, so we went shopping during their visit. After the shower we went to Babies-R-Us and spent a small fortune- mostly on outfits. I think I picked out what will be his homecoming outfit. The next day we went to Target to track down his high chair and we got the Baby Einstein Baby Neptune play mat set. If the baby doesn't like it, the cats surely will. My mother-on-law bought him something very similar to the glow worm dolls we had when I was little. It plays a lot of music.
We picked up his crib set over the weekend. We figured he would destroy his crib between casts and braces, so we bought a cheaper set from Walmart. It got really great reviews- it's the Baby Relax three piece set. We special ordered it in natural because I think cherry wood looks weird. We'll be setting it up sometime this week, which I'm really excited about.
I have to go for my stress test in the morning, which stresses me out! My belly has gone numb, which apparently is common. I read it's because of stretching nerves. I'll double check when I'm there tomorrow, just to be on the safe side.

No comments:

Post a Comment