Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Baby today?

I can't sleep, which is funny since I haven't really slept in like two days.

Anyhow...

On Monday the baby was non-reactive to both his stress test and biophysical profile. SO I got admitted, which led me to believe that we would eventually get a baby during our hospital stay. I was grossly mistaken.

My doctor, who is now know as 'the Sadist', ordered me to be hooked up to a fetal monitor for 24 hours. Fun thing about our baby...he doesn't stay hooked up to anything for any duration of time because I have tons of fluid for him to play in. I had to lay still a lot, on a really crappy hospital bed (which ironically they were getting ready to upgrade me to a better bed right before I got to leave), which is painful when you're super pregnant.

I also had an IV in my hand, which started to really bother me in the middle of the night. Luckily, they took me off the monitor for a few hours during the night so I could get some sleep. Too bad the bed sucked, my IV machine kept on going off throughout the night, and I had to pee at least once an hour. The nurse offered me something to help me sleep, which I sucked it up and took around one. It kicked in right around when she woke me up to be hooked up again at 5:30.

But it was ok, right? I mean, if my baby, who is amazing at failing tests, failed his biophysical in the morning, that would mean I got to have him. The not sadist doctor came in and even talked about having to do a c-section and such. And he was going to be bad during his tests, right? Our little monster was in full crazy baby mode (he really likes pancakes apparently). No baby for us that day.

I now have the luxury of going to the hospital every day (which may include the weekend) to get tests done. If he fails one, they will evaluate. If he fails one after next Monday, they will cut me on open because he will be 39 weeks. He gets his growth measured on Thursday, which if he falls under ten percent (he was at 14 the last time), they will take him.

On a plus side, I'm now banned from going to work and I'm supposed to take it easy. Which is easy for them to say considering I'll be stuck at home with nothing to do. That's when I go stir crazy and start organizing and such- I can't even take a week vacation without starting a project. At least the living room needs cleaned, and I have less energy than ever, so maybe I'll get it done. Watch, now that I'm off work, they will take him tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment