Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Two steps forward one step back

Update on the Spencer. He is fairly cranky, as I would be too.

He has the following:
Heart murmur
Floppy airway
Cleft Palate
Recessed chin
Club Feet
Slightly defective hands (as far as I know there is no medical definition)
Extra eye folds
Undesended testicles
Low set ears
hyperthyroidism

and he is absolutely perfect. I would be pissed to if I had people poking at me all the time. He is still on oxygen. They were going to wean him off of it, but he is getting surgery to have a g tube placed soon, so it was kind of silly to. Everything in his brain is in the right place, so hopefully he doesn't have any MR. I don't think he does. He has a lot of things in the world figured out.

1. If screaming doesn't work, then go to sleep. He had a scope down his throat the other day, and screamed bloody murder. He figured out that wouldn't make it stop, so he fell asleep instead.
2. Mommy is a sucker. Look sad and pathetic and she will pick you up.
3. Boppys are the most comfortable thing on the planet.
I put a mirror in his crib the other day, and he immediately starting looking in it. He also can lift his head up pretty good for a three week old.

Found out today that he may need to get surgery to get his chin to grow. I think they are debating it. So we'll see. We are very eager to get him home, even though it still seems like it will be forever away.

No comments:

Post a Comment