Monday, December 5, 2011

They Found It!!!

So they have finally identified the gene that causes Ohdo Syndrome. I plan on having Spencer tested as soon as they are available. I'm scared but excited that we will finally know for sure if he has it or not. Apparently the change is on Chromosome 10, KAT6B. It's amazing how something so small can cause so much damage. I can't believe they finally found it. For some parents, they have been waiting to diagnose their kids officially for over 20 years.
Good news is, that if it is Ohdo, that it isn't something that Jimmy and I caused, which means in theory no future spawn will have it. Not that I wouldn't love another Ohdo kid just as much, but I'd rather not have a second child with it. I can't put another baby through what Spencer has had to go through.

No comments:

Post a Comment