Thursday, June 23, 2011

And there is the floor....

So Spencer's echo results weren't great. He has a PFO and likely ASD, which will most likely require surgery. While it's not open heart surgery, it's still heart surgery, and it scares the hell out of me (which little does now a days). We have a cardio consult in the works, so we'll see. Funny thing is, w were told while he was in the NICU and had two echos that his ASD had resolved itself. On a brighter note, all his chambers are the right size (once upon a time this was a concern).
Other than that, high risk clinic was pretty uneventful. They gave us some Vital Jr to try as a backup food for when he is inpatient. I still might do his blend while he is in for his cleft palate repair...not too sure yet. Vital Jr still has soy and milk in it, but they assure me it will be ok (I seriously doubt it). It's nice to have a backup in case there is a power outage or anything. Now I just have to keep his dad away from it (his new favorite drink is pediasure).
I asked about having an allergy test done and they said it's better to do it when he's older. Since I can tell what he can't digest, I have a feeling for what he can eat and what he can't and it's better than labeling him with certain allergies. I think I'm just going to get my peds to do a referral anyhow, just for my own peace of mind. We can always repeat when he is older.
Syringes are also like gold at CCHMC. Julie, one of the high risk nurses, is working on getting us even more. She snagged me one earlier, apologetic she couldn't get more. Have I mentioned lately how much I love the nurses at high risk clinic?
It was our last visit with Dr. Jambula. It was also our last visit with Spencer's audiologist's intern, who was super nice. That time of year I guess....

No comments:

Post a Comment