Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Gah, appointments

Appointment filled day. First we had our high risk clinic appointment where I finally got to meet nurse Debbie. She says, "You probably don't remember me..." I say, "Of course I remember you! I wrote an article for Complex Child E Magazine and you were in it!" I was pretty excited.
The visit itself was pretty productive. Spencer is up to about 25th percentile for height and weight and 85th for head size. We were referred to a behavioral peds to help Spencer deal with his sensory issues. We also talked about getting Spencer some AFOs and we have a referral out to their PT to make them.
Genetic clinic was kind of depressing. Dr Hopkin didn't mean to, but he kind of crushed some of the hope we have that Spencer will be a normal kid someday, as far as our spawn can be normal. We also found out that they are trying to figure out how to get Spencer tested for Ohdo. Money seems to be the issue at the moment, but they are working out a plan.

No comments:

Post a Comment